Saturday 22 August 2015

What could be better.......a weekend at Tixall

What a difference four years makes. Last time we came through Great Haywood there was a big overstaying problem. At the Junction and onto the Staffs and Worcs. it was very hard to get a mooring. Almost impossible. Now it's clear. Hard to believe.



Tixall is good for exercise. Each day seems to demand a schlep into Great Haywood for farm shop or Post Office. Yesterday it was to meet up with my friend Justine, Tweetbuddy and Curtis Stigers fan, who drove over to have lunch with me. We gave the new Canalside Cafe the once over but went for the Lock Tearooms. It proved to be an excellent choice. Then a wander back so Justine could see QISMA and meet LJ. Because I dislike having my photo taken I have no record of this. Big mistake. 

Two more nights here before the demands of water etc...more etc than water, will have us moving on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment